The name 'ProBahasa' went through some changes over the past 4 years before it finally set its name as ProBahasa Translation in 2011 and is officially acknowledged by the local government. The name was taken from two mixed words; Pro and Bahasa meaning in favor of language. ProBahasa was built upon a value of sharing common interest in all acceptable languages in general and in English, Indonesian and Javanese in specific.
ProBahasa was founded by a spouse; Ahnan Alex and Farida Chanifatul Aini and is supported by one of the local banks as its main investor, two very competent fellow translators serving as quality assurance and recruitment team and two IT programmers to solve all the IT related issues. ProBahasa was founded in 2010 with very limited resources and language technologies; 2 in-house translators doing all the things at the same time, 3 freelancers and 2 computers with some free CAT tools available. In addition, it had only 3-4 international clients and 1 local client. ProBahasa, at that time, was named 'Gendeng Translation'. It sounded weird, but that was how we called ourselves at that time.
Thanks to the solid team continuously providing consistent quality translation services and willing to go extra mile to make sure that everything went on track, ProBahasa was able to buy and build an official website and a small office in Pasuruan - East Java, Indonesia with an increasing number of clients in 2011. It was ProBahasa's milestone to grow bigger from time to time. ProBahasa has also adopted three different mottos over the past three years; Indonesian and Javanese Specialist in 2011, Translating and localizing your language in 2012 and Satu Bahasa, Indonesia in 2013. Talking about the current motto, it means One Language, Indonesian. It is taken to characterize ProBahasa as an Indonesian translation company fully specialized in, very qualified for and professionally able to cater to English, Indonesian and Javanese translation and localization services only. Also, the ProBahasa's official website has gone through four phases of changes with different colour theme to record ProBahasa's past achievement and future plan. The changes reflect that ProBahasa is a dynamic translation company willing to strive hard to fulfill the dynamic, unique and different needs of its clients and partners from time to time.
ProBahasa is now a notary approved translation company, operating under Government Decree of Pasuruan City - East Java, Indonesia No. 503/158/SIUP-K/423.207/2016, with a Company Register No. 13.09.3.62.00092 in a form of Commanditaire Vennootschap or CV., having two bases; one for administration center and the other for training and production center. In addition, ProBahasa is now backed up by ten in-house translators and one in-house editor, 25+ freelance translators registered with the Association of Indonesian Translators, a QA team of two people, two IT programmers, two administration staff, one main investor from the local bank, a DTP team of two people and one marketing staff to smoothly run sound business and back up your needs.
- ProBahasa was named 'Gendeng Translation' or 'GTrans'
- ProBahasa used free blog to promote its services
- ProBahasa had 2 in-house translators and 3 freelance translators with 3-4 international clients only
- ProBahasa bought and built an official website and small office
- ProBahasa brought a motto 'Indonesian and Javanese Specialist'
- ProBahasa was supported by 4 in-house translators, some freelance translators and some paid language technologies
- ProBahasa was approved and acknowledged by a notary public and local government to operate its business with main focus on translation and localization services
- ProBahasa brought a motto 'Translating and localizing your language'
- ProBahasa was supported by 4 in-house translators, 2 sworn translators, some freelance translators, a QA team of 2 people, an IT programmer and some state-of-the-art language technologies
- ProBahasa bought a new big office for training and production center at the same city planned to operate in February 2013
- ProBahasa changes its website look and motto 'Satu Bahasa, Indonesia'
- ProBahasa is supported by 10 in-house translators and 1 in-house editor, 25+ freelance translators registered with the Association of Indonesian Translators, a QA team of 2 people, 2 IT programmers, 2 administration staff, 1 main investor from the local bank, a DTP team of 2 people and 1 marketing staff
- ProBahasa now has two bases to smoothly run its business